Thursday, August 09, 2007

Place yer bets, place yer bets!

Given the undeniable Foster proclivity toward competition, I thought it might be fun to start the Wendi and Matt Baby Pool -- essentially, to see which (if any) of us can predict the date that I'll give birth. Given that there's 21 days left until my due date and NOT (or should I say, "not yet!") that many Fosters, I'm not going to subdivide into hour slots. Simply pick a date and let that be your vote!

To further clarify, today is the 9th, and my due date is August 30th. Additionally, my OB has told me that if Sy isn't here by the 6th of September (7 days after my due date) he will want to induce (not sure if he meant "on that day" or near it).

I'm feeling just fine today, thanks, so I'm going to put the time frame in the four weeks between Friday, August 10th and Friday, September 7th. Again, I know that's more days than there are Fosters, but I'm going to see if I can get my own family and friends in on this too.


And of course everyone wants to know what the pot is for the contest...well, not much, save of course for the baseless, glowing satisfaction that stems from making a lucky call about something completely inconsequential (and we all know how fun THAT is!).

But to sweeten the deal literally and figuratively, I'll throw in the additional prize of a homemade (by me!) dessert of the winner's choice. If a Foster is the winner, then the jackpot will very probably be shared and enjoyed by the entire family this Thanksgiving (with the winner of course getting first dibs). If no Foster wins...well, then you all get nothing and like it. ;-P

Okay, here are the votes I have so far:

Matthew: August 28th
Ben (my co-worker): August 26th
Donna (my sister): September 6th (is her mean streak showing or what?)
Linda (friend from Baltimore): September 1st
Matt K
(friend from Philadelphia): September 3rd
Jeff: August 24th
Angie: August 20th

Bring 'em on, folks!

8 comments:

Danalin said...

Put me down for August 25th. I would never dream of guessing a date past the due date as that just seems cruel to the mom-to-be...as I've said, I felt "overdue" every day past 37 weeks. :) I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! Enjoy these last few weeks the best you can and get ready for the best times that lie ahead. Love you, lady!

Kristen said...

August 27th BABY!

Tankfos said...

August 23, Guaranteed!!!

Elizabeth said...

I too was going to guess the 25th but Dana beat me to it. So I will say the 22nd. The earlier the better, right Wendi?

Mark said...

Gotta go with Aug 23rd, as I'm a bit partial to that date. I'll share my spoils with Adam if I win . . .

Mom the Bomb said...

OK...I think August 29 is still available???? That was the due date for Mark. Can't wait!


Love, Mom

Goose said...

Give me the 30th of August. I believe your doc is right on schedule. I can already taste that pie.

Elizabeth said...

Grant: Aug. 19
Joy: Aug.21
And good luck from all of us!